We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest. We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences. We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
The Dow Jones Media Group Luxury Team is seeking an experienced reporter to join its fast-paced newsroom.
This candidate must have a successful track record of working a beat, developing a broad base of sources, and writing on deadline. This person must be able to spot breaking news stories as well as identify deep-dive features to write for the website and in print.
The ideal candidate should bring a breadth of knowledge on wealth management and the luxury lifestyles of high-net-worth individuals. She/he also should have a good grasp of the global economic landscape.
· Write multiple original articles on a daily basis that are thoroughly reported, highly insightful written takeouts and enterprise pieces
· Work collaboratively with other members of the editorial staff to come up with original story ideas and to publish content
· Contribute to the work on data projects, interactive charts and other multimedia features as needed
· At least 5 years reporting experience in a digital newsroom
· Excellent editorial judgment and solid writing skills
· Comfort with reporting on data; working knowledge of Excel
· Ability to work under daily deadlines
· Ability to program and optimize content (SEO)
· Basic visuals editing/processing skills (web-based graphics tools, CMS, Photoshop)
· International reporting experience a plus, as well as a second language
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: DJ MEDIA GROUP OFFICE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com