We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest. We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences. We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
The Dow Jones Media Group (DJMG): Newsletters Business Development Representative will be responsible for developing and driving interest of newsletter solutions to the Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) community.The ideal candidate will lead all efforts through a number of activities which include: pre-qualification of leads/opportunities; identifying potential budget holders; proactive prospecting for new contacts, booking appointments with prospects; and gathering testimonials/evidence for proposals and closing new deals. The role requires working with the senior leadership on the education team & overall DJMG and communicating with branches of RIA’s of the Full Service and Independent Firms. There is light travel to attend our regional Barron’s conferences and promote the Newsletters suite. The role requires a lot of email and phone interaction with prospects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
● Source new revenue opportunities in the RIA community utilizing new newsletter solutions from Dow Jones Media Group
● Develop new revenue in Financial Services firms and work closely with Senior DJ staff.
Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience
● Preferred 1-3 years of sales experience & working with RIA & Financial Institutions
● Will consider recent graduates at top of their class in their Business School
● Articulate and strong communication skills
● Highly motivated and strong desire to succeed
● Organised and ability to prioritize busy workload in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to work accurately, with strong attention to detail
● Display initiative in undertaking all aspects of the role
● Good team player with a willingness to collaborate
● Be a proactive contributor to the department, who offers ideas and suggestions
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BARRON'S
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com