We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest. We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences. We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
• Conduct Kick off meetings with customers to design workflows that adhere to the Certification rules for the Dow Jones Platform.
• Communicate best practices for using Dow Jones API's and Services.
• Work with customer to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
• Write code samples, tutorials, and technical articles for the developer support portal.
• Develop internal tools/application as directed by management.
· Provide Phone and Email support for developers who are implementing one or more of Dow Jones API’s or products.
· Certify Customer applications to ensure they adhere to Dow Jones Technical and Branding Guidelines.
· Provide support for Dow Jones Integration and Destination products.
· 3rd Level support for unresolved Technical Support issues
· Escalating issues to other departments when appropriate
· Getting status’ on outsourced issues and keeping the technical staff informed
· Team leaders responsible for assisting, mentoring, and coaching technical staff
· Recognize and report problem trends
· Review and communicate system enhancement needs, leading the solution implementation
· Responsible to help with coverage for other regions or for any “on call” or weekend duties.
· Work with technical staff and other departments within customer service to resolve customer problems
· Work closely with the various system development groups, Global operations, and Product Testing
· Work as a team member in the Development Support Group Team.
· Interact with customer service to resolve production issues.
· Interact with Technology group members to support each other.
· Contact customers System/Network/Developer contacts as necessary to troubleshoot or resolve customer related issues
· Assist the sales force in resolving technical issues
· Keep management informed of all severity one problems
Skills, experience & qualifications:
· 1 to 3 years in a Technical Support or Developer role working with Web applications or languages listed below
· Coding skills in an programming language such as C#, Java, Perl, Ruby, Python
· Working knowledge of software used to develop in these languages
· Web services (SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML)
· Experience developing or supporting sites using API and SDK integrations
· Networking or communication protocol knowledge
· Experience supporting web and mobile applications along with a thorough understanding of troubleshooting browser related issues.
· Ability to follow documented troubleshooting steps and accurately log interactions into the corporate CRM. (Past experience with salesforce.com is a plus)
· Experience working with XML and Relational Databases.
· Knowledge of networking or communication protocol including HTTP, FTP, and other common protocols
· High level understanding of how to troubleshoot network connectivity issues related to a customer’s network infrastructure.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to explain complex products and technical issues in a level appropriate to the audience.
· Ability to assimilate complex product knowledge and identify appropriate solutions.
· Ability to effectively adapt to a changing work environment and structure.
· High degree of professionalism. Sets high standards of performance; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments
· Customer Focus required. Ability to make customers (internal & external) and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develop and sustain productive customer relationships.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: FINANCE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com