The Senior Software Engineer is a subject matter expert in a number of tools and technologies and will deliver state-of-the-art application design, development and support. In addition to writing clean and correct code to specifications, the candidate will lead technical discussions about architecture, infrastructure and frameworks and assist in evaluating the pros/cons of a technology choice based on business value, scalability, maintainability, and project delivery performance. Provide advice, guidance, training and support to business and information technology users, business partners, vendors, colleagues and management. Will assist with implementation of application development standards for designing, building and maintaining applications, applications components, and common services including the use of standard languages and tools.
● Experience with Microsoft .NET and .NET Core C# language
● Experience with JSON and XML
● Experience with RESTful web services
● Experience with web design (UI/UX) and development
● Experience with cloud environments, preferably AWS
● Experience with relational databases, preferably SQL Server
● Experience with developing reports for purposes of data analysis and business intelligence, preferably using Tableau
● Experience with security frameworks for user and services authorization and authentication
● Experience with creating and executing unit, functional, destructive and performance tests
● Experience with modern debugging and root cause analysis techniques ● Experience with software version control
● Experience with software development lifecycles
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience
● 3-5 years experience in software development
● Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to think creatively ● Accurate, articulate, and effective communication skills
● Ability to perform under tight deadlines while juggling multiple priorities ● Positive attitude and enthusiasm to take on new projects
● Nimble learner who wants to grow, understand, and implement new technologies in the company
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
To enter one of our US based offices: Any offer of employment is contingent on providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.
Business Area: PRINT & ENT SVCS - PRINT SERVICES
Job Category: IT Development Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 34166