Job Description:User Access and Provisioning (Lead QA Software Engineer)
● Senior tech specialist with strong technical ability (architecture, design and development) with 7-10 years of experience in an object-oriented language environment
● Experience developing in Java will be a plus
● Expertise in SQL query language for complex business needs, a must
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with the business
● Experienced in working on medium to large enterprise projects in financial applications.
● Experienced in developing complex applications using sophisticated off-the-shelf frameworks Java/J2EE Equivalent.
● Experienced in developing web services (SOAP, REST) and well versed with 3-tier architecture /component layer architecture
● Experience in continuous delivery using JIRA, Git, automated Deployment tools ● Knowledge of operating Systems – Linux/Unix (SUN/IBM), Windows
● Experience in RDBMS (Oracle), ability to develop or analyse PL/SQL ● Experience leading with onshore/offshore models
● Good Understanding of systems that manage profile and identity related information
● Experience of Manual and automated testing is a must
● Understands and practices agile software development and management
● Defines and implements application architecture models and programming standards with direction setting support.
● Design and implement the developers’, testing, application monitoring/control, change management and implementation.
● Defines application development standards for designing, building and maintaining applications, application components, and common services including the recommended use of languages and tools.
● Partners effectively with billing operations to manage scope and deliverables for the technical side of the product roadmap
● Able to identify areas of strategic technical debt and provide cost/benefit analysis for eliminating this debt and suggested timelines for how to prioritize it
● Intimately know requirements to make multiple projects successful.
● Should be able to dissect a set of business requirements translating them into technical requirements as well as identifying the places or technologies critical to making the projects efficient and successful.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Job Category: IT Development Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 16042