Dow Jones FP&A group is seeking a financial analyst supporting the Professional Information
Business reporting to PIB Finance Director and in addition supporting the PIB VP Finance as
necessary. The position will help support the monthly reporting and forecast, annual budget
and month-end process as well as provide analysis for management which is becoming
increasingly vital with the business’ growth plans. This function will provide business partner
support building strong relations and providing trusted insight, analysis and guidance to aid
optimal business decision-making.
● Consolidate, prepare and ensure accuracy and timeliness of monthly, quarterly and
annual results and forecasts to management.
● Maintain the FP&A group’s deadlines in order to deliver key consolidated reporting
needs within the finance group and to our parent company.
● Maintain a good understanding of the revenue drivers and trends.
● Build relationships and partner directly with a multitude of people within the Sales and
Product organization to gain insights into revenue drivers and business performance.
● Leverage Salesforce to understand pipeline and sales cycle.
● Provide actionable insights to management on risks and opportunities facing the
● Identify and address procedural problems / deficiencies impacting integrity and
timeliness of financial information.
● Partner with FMA & Management Information Group for reporting and proper revenue
● Challenge the business owners and provide options and scenarios to ensure financial
commitments can be achieved.
● Work closely and collaborate with your other FP&A colleagues to share best practice as
well as provide cover across the team.
● Drive process conversion from heavy use of detailed excels and big data toward
sophisticated, yet simple data dashboards and reporting using various tools.
● Drive analysis from post-understanding to real time understanding of business
● Look for and create opportunities for efficiencies both in the business and the reporting
● Build out repository of PIB data which the team and stakeholders can leverage.
Skills and Experience
● Strong quantitative and analytical skills - Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
● Demonstrates initiative, good written and verbal communication skills as well as a team
● Works well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
● Experience in maintaining accounting records and preparation of financial reports
● SAP S/4HANA, Salesforce and TM1 financial systems experience highly preferred.
● High degree of proficiency in PC/computer skills including experience with various
financial applications and reporting tools, specifically Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
● Knowledge of or experience with DOMO or Tableau or related programs a plus.
● Ability to recognize problems, collect data, draw valid conclusions and define/suggest
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse group of
● 1-2 years of experience in a Financial Analyst, Data Analytics or Business Intelligence
role a plus.
● Comfortable with challenging the norm and driving towards best practices.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: FINANCE
Job Category: Finance Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 18145