This role sits in the Content team, which is part of the Data & Content Management department within Data Strategy. Data & Content Management powers Dow Jones products with a continuous stream of news articles and market data as well as carefully researched company and executive information that help inform decision-making by business professionals.
The Content team comprises the Content Development, Content Operations and Content Information teams and ingests, monitors and manages content for Factiva and DNA products and services. The group ensures timely and accurate delivery of content and effective dissemination of information about this content to customers, publishers and Dow Jones colleagues.
Content Information is the owner of the Content Database, our central repository of source information for the Professional Information Business (PIB) unit in Dow Jones. As such, the team is responsible for the accuracy of source information, as well as the tools that are used to maintain and present this information. The team also oversees all development work carried out on the Content Database, required to support any PIB product initiatives. In addition, the team deals with any source-related queries from colleagues in especially Sales and Marketing, but also manages all relevant customer queries, escalated by Customer Service. Last but not least, the team is responsible for ongoing promotion of our content as a strategic value for Dow Jones’ customers.
The Manager, Content Information is a hands-on role, overseeing the work of two Content Information Specialists, all based out of our Princeton (NJ) office. The role reports directly to the Director, Content.
● Content information maintenance, ensuring completeness and accuracy of information held in the Content Database, as well as the timely processing of any changes.
● Content information query management, as well as reporting and analysis thereof - this includes the generation of customized source information, statistics and lists in support of licensing, marketing and/or sales activities.
● Promotion of content information resources such as the Content Database, Content Information website and newsletters, available to Sales, Marketing and Customer Services to encourage the use of self-help tools and create capacity for the team to engage in more value-add activities.
● Source information authority for the addition and launch of new sources to Factiva and DNA, source maintenance (eg. categorization and quality assurance), royalty attribution, etc.
● People management which includes but is not limited to performance management and people development.
● Ongoing reassessment of recurring tasks in search for improvement opportunities.
● Representation of Content Information on any cross-departmental initiatives.
In order to be successful in the areas of responsibilities listed above, the Manager, Content Information builds and manages relationships with Data Strategy’s Content Development, Content Operations and Strategic Services teams as well as with colleagues from Partnerships and Alliances, Finance, Customer Service, Marketing, Sales and Product. In addition, in order to fine-tune processes and assist in the resolution of potential editorial issues, there is regular contact with external partners and - in the case of operational issues of outsourced projects - with suppliers.
Skills and Qualifications
● Masters degree requires, Masters of Library Science preferred;
● Relevant work experience required, in the area of managing people, content and operations;
● Knowledge of Factiva content set and experience with customer service activities preferred;
● Strong analytical, organising and prioritization skills;
● Ability to communicate effectively with diverse and global stakeholder group.
We are looking for an open-minded person exhibiting an innate curiosity in our content: from facts and figures to strategic value. Someone with a strong desire to deliver excellent services to our (internal) customers yet exerts authority and influence when it comes to source information. The Manager, Content Information functions as the gatekeeper of our stored information of licensed sources.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 16825