We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest. We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences. We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
With system changes and shared services opportunities on the horizon, we are looking to hire for a management position within Global Payment Services. This position will oversee two critical areas within our organization, Accounts Payable and Purchasing Support. This individual will be tasked with ensuring timely processing of payments, globally, to our vendors, monitoring purchase orders, maintaining SOX controls and tax compliance. In addition, this position will play a part in the project and future transition of our global ERP system from PeopleSoft to SAP S4/Hana.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Monitoring and reconciliation of payments and associated accounts
· Review and reconciliation of daily pay cycles globally, addressing any issues which may arise in a timely manner
· Ongoing review of open payables and reducing aged balances
· Manage and motivate team to promote a focus on accuracy and timeliness
· Focus on tax compliance (sales and use tax) along with foreign withholding (1042 reporting) and year end 1099
· Partner with Global Treasury team to align banking relationships to the appropriate entities
· Assist in the growth of our Shared Service environment
· Assist in bringing evolution to the end to end purchasing process, from sourcing to receipt
· Oversee American Express Purchasing Card Program and maintain processing of related expenses via Concur
· Monthly cash flow forecasting
· 6-8 years of accounts payable/purchasing experience most in managerial roles
· In depth working knowledge and experience in global payment processing and related processes
· Experience in system conversions/change management
· Experience in managing onshore, and third party staff
· Current or prior experience with SAP is preferred
· Experience with PeopleSoft a plus
· Experience in working in Shared Services environment a plus
. Concur experience is a plus
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor Degree preferred, or extensive equivalent experience
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: FINANCE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com