We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest. We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences. We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
● Consolidate and create monthly, quarterly and yearly results and forecasts into management level presentations.
● Assist budget and long range plan process to drive revenue growth and cost efficiency.
● Develop corporate reporting and identify systems and data improvements.
● Maintain a good understanding of the revenue and cost drivers and trends, and prepare reports to senior management.
● Maintain the FP&A group’s deadlines in order to deliver key consolidated reporting needs within the finance group and to our parent company.
● Assist in driving project work from end-to-end (collection of data, creation of model/analysis of trends, and support identification of key issues and turning this into a management level presentation) to support strategic decisions within the business.
● Work with other finance functions to support SOX compliance and other ad hoc reporting requirement.
Skills & Experience
● Strong quantitative and analytical skills, CPA or Bachelors degree in finance or accounting preferred.
● Relevant Commercial Finance experience 8 years+ at least 3 years in a managerial position.
● Planning and organizational skills including effective time management and an impeccable attention to detail.
● High degree of proficiency in PC/computer skills including experience with various financial applications and reporting tools and with Excel and Word.
● PeopleSoft and TM1 financial systems experience preferred.
● Demonstrates initiative, good communication skills (both verbal and written) and a team player.
● Results orientated and process driven.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: FINANCE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com