We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest. We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences. We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
We drive innovation across Dow Jones by engaging with a diverse range of colleagues from all departments. A key tenet of our strategy are intense workshops where we bring colleagues together to identify opportunities for growth.
We then build sleek, state-of- the-art products accessible from devices and platforms.
We thrive on creativity and the thrill of bringing big ideas to market faster and
better than our competitors. Comprised of designers, art directors and front end
developers, the team closely collaborates with editorial, technology, sales and
customers to carry out our ambitious roadmap of innovation.
We are looking for an experienced, curious, organised and outgoing person who has a keen mind for new business opportunities and the ability to identify them through the success and acceleration of our workshop process.
You will be a critical contributor to the ongoing success of the Dow Jones innovation workshops program, including administration, preparation, ideation, delivery and follow through.
You will be highly organised, work well across tight deadlines, and thrive in diverse groups of intelligent colleagues.
You will have a good, general understanding of digital technologies that support subscription,
ad driven and B2B business models. You will also require a working knowledge about emerging technologies that support high growth digital media.
You will be responsible for identifying talent across Dow Jones, planning and preparation of each workshop, and delivering a seamless experience both onsite and offsite. You will be expected to be present at all workshops to support the facilitators, troubleshoot and anticipate needs.
You will also be expected to lead small teams through encouragement and example, and be prepared to present back findings to all interested stakeholders.
You will thrive off problem solving, working in small and large teams and possess
the initiative to inspire, influence and champion change in a highly dynamic
· Ensure operational excellence and efficient execution across all Dow Jones
workshops, both in the US and overseas.
· Help recruit, inform and encourage all workshop participants. Liaise with participants line managers for permissions and feedback.
· Own the workshop roadmap with be responsible for crucial deadlines, checkpoints, deliverables and follow through.
· Ensure smooth running of all workshops, including administration, bookings, materials, logistics, catering, pre-reading, photography, capturing key takeaways and booking outside speakers.
· Help with the ideation process, contributing thoughtful analysis of new ideas and initiatives.
· Communicate both internally and externally the team’s mission and
accomplishments through all channels, including newsletters and presentations.
· Mentor and coach innovation team members and colleagues to promote best
practice, innovation and foster entrepreneurialism.
Skills & Experience
· 5+ years in an innovation or tech team, with exposure to best practice, process and protocol
· Clear understanding of design school thinking and agile methodologies
· Clear communication skills, ability to coordinate complex planning and the confidence to own detailed road-maps
· Leadership and decision making skills using empathy and persuasion
· Efficient and reliable administrative skills with the ability to take the initiative
· Ability to prioritize and problem solve amongst competing pressures and
· Ability to brief executive leadership teams and to motivate and challenge all colleagues
· Ability to problem solve under pressure and in real time
· Willingness to travel extensively, often at short notice
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: INNOVATION/PARTNER DEV
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 15335