We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest. We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences. We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
You’ve been building Android apps for years. You have a love/hate relationship with Gradle. You’ve lived through the cycle of adopting open source libraries and then ditching them when Google moves on. You’re intrigued but skeptical about React Native. Maybe you’ve even written and deployed an API to AWS.
You’re looking for more than just another engineering job. You want your work to be meaningful and have an impact.
Come join our team at the Wall Street Journal!
We’re looking for you to:
* Lead a small but growing team of Android engineers
* Design, develop, and test mobile applications for The Wall Street Journal, and contribute to shared initiatives with other Dow Jones brands.
* Help set technical direction and long-term strategy for future mobile initiatives.
* Play an active role in the product development process.
* Keep an eye on technical innovations and changing trends in the mobile landscape.
We’d like you to have:
* 3-4 years native Android development experience.
* Experience leading a team with Agile methodologies. If you’ve ever been in an official management role before, even better!
* A strong background in software engineering and web technologies. Previous experience with at least one modern web platform (Node.js, Rails, PHP) is a huge plus.
* Familiarity with API design for highly scalable services
* A natural curiosity and desire to understand and even contribute to the entire technology stack
* A passion for building products your users will love`
If this describes you then we’d love to talk to you!
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Job Category: IT Development Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Req ID: 14968