We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest. We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences. We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
Dow Jones’ in-house Studio unit, is a fast-growing team of energetic writers,
content and creative strategists, videographers, designers, photo editors and
developers. The work spans a variety of forms -- short- and long-form reported
articles, documentary videos, interactive data visualizations, animations and
Based in New York, the Editorial Director will be responsible for helping to
manage the day-to-day flow of the editorial work associated with best-in-class
Custom Content programs. This Director should have experience working
across multiple mediums - including digital, print, Live Journalism, audio and
video - to deliver bespoke solutions to media partners.
This is an amazing opportunity to practice journalism at the highest level while
at the same time working in a rapidly growing commercial environment.
● Oversee editorial teams of editors and writers in creation of standard
setting, award winning content for our advertising partners.
● Actively participate in RFP process from ideation to creation,
collaborating closely with sales & marketing teams
● Build content distribution strategy alongside internal sales and news
● Management of freelance budget
● Development of Editorial standards, pushing for new ways of
storytelling while preserving the quality & integrity of our journalism.
● Support our strategic focus of data-led storytelling and live journalism.
● Oversee creation of comprehensive and compelling editorial platforms
and ideas for branded content programs that are digital-centric, but
that can be translated across multiple channels, including print, video,
social, mobile and tablet. Innovate on new ways of conveying
information -- data visualization, explainer videos, live data
● Raise our profile in the marketplace - thought leadership, awards
strategy, speaking at conferences, blog writing.
● Responsible for end-to-end editorial process (ideation, topics, writing,
editing, fact-checking, quote releases, proofreading) working with the
team Creative Director and other teams across the network.
Skills & Experience
● 10+ years of journalism experience, with expertise in business and
● 5+ years of custom content experience
● Extensive knowledge of Media brands and industry trends
● Direct client-facing experience
● Experience managing a team of writers and editors
● Experience in visual editing, understanding how different forms of
storytelling work together in digital mediums.
● Deep roster of writers, project editors and other content creators.
● Avid consumer of The Wall Street Journal & Barron’s Group publications
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: MEDIA SALES
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 15581