MarketWatch is looking to further explore automation opportunities to personalize the content experience; To provide readers with world-class information about their interests, their stocks, and their portfolio.
In pursuit of these efforts we are looking for a Director of Automation and Machine Learning who will lead automation and machine learning efforts across the MarketWatch platform.
This individual will be responsible for identifying, vetting, and prioritizing automation opportunities across the organization, as well as driving technical solutions from idea inception through productionization.
It is important to note that although this role is meant to serve the MarketWatch platform, the ideal candidate will help drive automation and machine learning best practices across the wider Dow Jones organization.
On any given day, this individual will be expected to:
● Lead a team of automation engineers and markets experts, working to build and prioritize automation and machine learning solutions for the business,
● Convene with senior stakeholders, both business and technical, to understand and document overarching needs, goals, expectations, and constraints,
● Frame business objectives as data-driven initiatives and reframe resulting, technical metrics with relation to stated business objectives,
● Uncover and evangelize best practices and technical solutions across the organization.
We expect the ideal candidate to have:
● A comprehensive understanding of both the media and markets landscapes,
● A strong understanding of automation techniques and best practices,
● Proven experience productionizing automation solutions, particularly in the markets or media space,
● Strong leadership and communication skills,
● Experience working directly with or leading engineers and data scientists.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BG - MARKETWATCH
Job Category: IT Development Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 20128