MarketWatch is looking to further explore automation opportunities to personalize the content experience; To provide readers with world-class information about their interests, their stocks, and their portfolio.
In pursuit of these efforts we are looking for an Associate Director of Automation and Machine Learning who will drive and support automation and machine learning efforts across the MarketWatch platform.
This individual will be responsible for identifying, vetting, and prioritizing automation opportunities across the organization, as well as driving technical solutions from idea inception through productionization.
It is important to note that although this role is meant to serve the MarketWatch platform, the ideal candidate will help drive automation and machine learning best practices across the wider Dow Jones & Barron's Group organizations.
On any given day, this individual will be expected to:
● Lead a team of automation engineers and markets experts, working to build and prioritize automation and machine learning solutions for the business,
● Convene with stakeholders, both business and technical, to understand and document overarching needs, goals, expectations, and constraints,
● Frame business objectives as data-driven initiatives and reframe resulting, technical metrics with relation to stated business objectives,
● Uncover and evangelize best practices and technical solutions across the organization.
We expect the ideal candidate to have:
● A comprehensive understanding of both the media and markets landscapes,
● A strong understanding of automation techniques and best practices,
● Proven experience productionizing automation solutions, particularly in the markets or media space,
● Strong leadership and communication skills,
● Experience working directly with or leading engineers and data scientists.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BG - MARKETWATCH
Job Category: IT Development Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 25306