We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest. We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences. We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
Barron’s is seeking a passionate and forward-thinking Art Director to help define and produce the next iteration of the brand across all platforms. The ideal candidate will have the ability to distill simple solutions for complex financial and business stories through print, online and social within a collaborative Art Department and Editorial team.
We’re looking for somebody who can …
• Design key features weekly for both print and online
• Commission original artwork from illustrators and occasionally photographers
• Negotiate fees, manage contracts and paperwork for assignments made
• Produce graphics and visualizations for both print and online
• Contribute to weekly critiques and offer constructive feedback in a collaborative environment
• Color correct and prepare artwork for publication
• Ability to illustrate abstract concepts is a plus
• Adobe CC experience and knowledge is required
• Experience with Wordpress is a plus
• Experience with Sketch is a plus
• Experience with Methode and K4 are a plus
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BARRON'S
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com