As a member of the Global Sales Operations team, the Business Analyst role will be responsible for conducting research and analysis to quantify business opportunities and issues. The Business Analyst will work with multiple stakeholders to evaluate business needs and provide analytics and recommendations to enable business decisions.
The Business Analyst will provide or assist in providing sales support, analysis, sales performance metrics observations & recommendations predominantly for use by the Sales Management team. The role will be expected to find efficient and repeatable means to provide this analysis.
The role will include focus on process analysis and improvement and will require a solid understanding of all roles in the end to end sales process and an ability to translate this into recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the relevant processes. The Business Analyst will be expected to manage some of these improvements through to execution.
Success will ultimately be based on increased productivity of the sales group and its management through the reduction of non value added tasks and in provision of data and insights to help management make informed business decisions.
● Take a leading role in developing metrics based on specific management requirements and a supporting role in providing other regular reporting as needed
● Review reporting output and provide analysis and suggestions based on outcomes
● Monitor adherence to sales process as viewed via CRM. Identify non-compliance and via Sales Management, ensure that relevant feedback is provided to the team member(s)
● Support process definition, documentation and review to enable improvements in effectiveness and efficiency of existing or new processes.
● Liaise as required with internal networks and colleagues in departments
● Participate in ad hoc projects, either as project manager or in supporting role, as required
Skills & Experience
● Sales operations experience within a B2B sales team preferred
● Excellent knowledge of Excel
● Strong working knowledge of other Microsoft Office and Google equivalent preferred
● Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
● Excellent oral and written communication
● Knowledge of Salesforce.com preferred
● Detailed comprehension of all aspects of the sales process.
● High level of initiative and self-motivation and ability to work in a team environment. Proactive, with a “can do” attitude and the ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment.
● Excellent planning and organizing skills. Good problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to evaluate issues and conflicts and make timely decisions.
● Very good organizational sensitivity and commercial awareness, with a good perception of client requirements and the ability to take responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
● Consistently demonstrate key skills such as listening, questioning, fact-finding, resolving issues, and resolving requests or concerns.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - SALES
Job Category: IT Administration/Support Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28977