We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest. We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences. We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
• Generating budget figures to Directors and the finance department of the Company regularly
• Generating bespoke reports to Directors and the finance department of the Company regularly. (line chart, top spending accounts, agency accounts, page yield etc)
• Updating revenue tracker
• Working with the sub-editors in the laying out of the newspaper, whilst liaising with other departments on their pagination needs, as well as being responsible for placement of ads in correct positions within the paper.
• Keeping production team informed of the advertising schedule for the current week and going forward.
• Liaising with Features Editor on forward features/supplements/special reports.
• Managing input into system for print ads - Saleslogix
• Managing input into system for online ads – OP1 and Salesforce
• Filling out Contract templates for Awards sponsors, Custom Studios Sponsors
• Sending all ads for invoicing to the accounts department.
• Ensuring all sales sheets are up to date.
• Keeping the editorial calendar up to date on the website
• Updating bookings report of whats booked into our special positions and circulating to stakeholders
• Maintaining library of past issues
Day to Day
• Issue Revenue Report for stakeholders
• Budget figures and weekly performance report for heads of all departments and finance
• Sending all invoicing information to accounts and processing bookings on CRM system to show invoicing has taken place.
• Send ad schedule for the following week to the sub editors and production.
• Keep liaising with subs and production throughout the week on layout and last minute advertisers.
• Run bookings report to keep an eye on any double bookings or problem placements.
• Ensure sales team have completed an up to date sales report for the sales meeting.
• Work with features editor on flatplanning features and delivery of synopses.
• Send out editorial calendar, media kit and synopses to external media agencies, pr companies or clients who request them.
• Pass on any leads to team after initial contact
• Get all advertising contracts from the sales team. Check everything is correct. Ensure contracts are signed.
• Ensure revenue in bookings contracts matches revenue in CRM system.
• “Confirm” bookings in CRM system– manage data entry on CRM system to ensure all booking information is correct.
• Give any events/awards contracts to events team for their follow up.
• Liaising with Business Publishing on forward features/supplements, updating budgets achieved; identifying and flagging potential issues before they happen.
• Working with the circulation and distribution team on any distribution requests outside our normal circulation run, including split runs, supplement distribution, client copies, confirming copies for adsales requirements on print runs and checking print runs in terms of what has been promised to clients.
• Booking in house ads or contra ads for other departments on the CRM system.
Overall skills required: High level of efficiency and excellent organisational skills. Ability to work within tight deadlines. Ability to multi-task and/or prioritise busy work load. Candidate must be articulate, with brilliant communication skills.
Behavioural Skills: Team player and good all-rounder, can-do attitude
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-29846
Job Locations GBR-LONDON
Job Function Sales Operations
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..