We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest. We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences. We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
Position Title: Research Editor, Special Interest People (SIP) - Lower Threshold
Reports to: Manager, Special Interest People (SIP) – Lower Threshold, Risk and Compliance, Data Strategy
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk and Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
The role of the Research Editor, Special Interest People (SIP) Lower Threshold is to research, compile and update for Dow Jones Risk and Compliance accurate and complete profiles of individuals who meet specific coverage criteria. The team focuses on individuals who are reported in the press to have committed offences below a specific financial threshold in particular crime categories in the United States and Canada.
The Research Editor is required to monitor relevant news in Factiva and use internal Dow Jones tools in order to identify individuals who meet the coverage criteria. They may also need to consult other electronic and non-electronic published sources in order to obtain biographical data.
In extracting data from Factiva sources, the editor must adhere to a set of guidelines. The editor is responsible for verifying the accuracy of the material he/she and other team members add to the database and must follow an established set of procedures to do so.
Depending on their skills and expertise the Research Editor may be required to compile Due Diligence (DD) reports on companies and/or individuals or contribute to other projects relating to the research and analysis of information relating to individuals.
Excellent research skills and attention to detail are required.
The Research Editor will be part of the Individuals Data team, a division of Data Strategy. The Individuals Data team manages the creation and maintenance of data on executives, journalists, politicians, and those of special interest to clients in relation to their risk profile such as people on Sanction Lists or those reported to have been involved in criminal activity or regulatory breaches.
• Researching and identifying key data for individuals meeting the coverage criteria
• Ensuring that profiles are accurate and up-to-date
• Ensuring they meet coverage targets ensuring no backlog of data builds up
• Ensure updates are added in a timely fashion to profiles
• Ensuring that queries are handled correctly and in a timely fashion
• Suggesting improvements to the processes, tools and data relating to the identification and creation of the profiles
• Assisting with the compilation and distribution of key metrics and regular reports relating to profile data
• Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is essential.
• Additional languages are an advantage, particularly Arabic, Czech or Slovak, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian or Turkish.
• Education to degree level
• Excellent research and analytical skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel
• Ability to use online tools to identify and extract key information
• Attention to detail
• A fast, efficient and quality-focused work ethic
• Adaptability and willingness to learn new skills
• Good organisational skills. The candidate must be able to track and prioritise tasks
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Ability to work as part of a team
What we offer?
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
How do you apply?
If you feel that this position matches your skills, experience and motivation please submit your CV which must state your current salary and expectations to be considered
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-28881
Job Locations ESP - BARCELONA
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Professional Information Business
Job Area2 ..