We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest. We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences. We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
Research Editor, Due Diligence – Barcelona, Spain
(English and either Portuguese, Italian, French, Arabic, Farsi, Turkish, Chinese, Hebrew, Dutch, Norwegian or Finnish)
Synonymous with accuracy, integrity and trust, Dow Jones & Company is one of the most respected brands in providing news and business information world-wide.
The role of the Due Diligence Research Editor is to research and write high-quality reports on companies and/or individuals using a combination of publically-available and proprietary sources. The editor is also required to provide training/mentoring and leadership to other Research Editors in the wider Data Strategy research team when necessary, and ensure that targets and deadlines are met.
The editor will work closely with the Due Diligence Quality Analysts and Desk Editor, who are responsible for delivering the Due Diligence reports and ensuring the quality of output by the research team in Barcelona, London, Princeton, Shanghai and Singapore. In addition to producing DD reports, the team is responsible for the complete work cycle of the Due Diligence reports, from assigning all incoming requests to dealing directly with client queries.
The Research Editor works closely with the other members of the Due Diligence team and their fellow researchers to ensure that the reports and daily updates meet client requirements in terms of content quality, accuracy, timeliness and completeness by establishing and monitoring standards. They will also contribute to the tools, data, audits and guidelines that will support each member of the team to produce the highest quality data possible.
The editor may also be called on to assist other teams in Data Strategy with special projects from time to time, according to their individual skills and knowledge.
• Research and write Due Diligence reports to exact specifications, using a range of relevant electronic published sources, including company and government websites and sources carried on Dow Jones’s own products.
• Provide training and mentoring to researchers worldwide on writing and producing high quality Due Diligence Reports.
• Lead and organise teams of researchers to produce large and complex reports.
• Provide clear information and guidance to members of the wider Risk & Compliance research team on issues related to Due Diligence reports.
• Maintain close communication with the rest of the Due Diligence team and ensure that colleagues are kept informed of the current situation.
• Respond to queries from management, sales and clients quickly, clearly and courteously.
• Contribute to ensuring coverage definitions, procedures and standards relating to Due Diligence reports are up to date.
• Contribute to guidelines, data collection and tools to improve the quality and efficiency of the Due Diligence team.
• Contribute to the definition of key quality metrics.
• Contribute to establishing and maintaining comprehensive programme for monitoring and publishing reports on the quality, timeliness and completeness of content.
• Contribute to regular updates and reports on the progress made against specific quality targets to the Managing Editor, Desk Editors, Research Editors and DD Business Champion.
• Provide as appropriate updates and reports that may be used for internal and external communication.
• Previous experience in the field of Due Diligence.
• Fluency in English AND at least one of the following languages: Portuguese, Italian, French, Arabic, Farsi, Turkish, Chinese, Hebrew, Dutch, Norwegian or Finnish
• Excellent writing skills, including the ability to summarize complex information clearly and precisely from another language into English
• Ability to identify wholly with Dow Jones’s service obligations to its clients
• Strong research skills, including online search tools. Tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources and information. Library skills a plus
• Strong editing and proofreading skills. Prior experience in research or editorial role an advantage
• Ability to handle large volumes of information and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent organisation and communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Word, and good keyboard skills
• Ability to work as part of a multicultural team, to build and maintain good working relationships
• Ability to accept feedback as a learning opportunity
• Ability to adapt readily to changing customer requirements, positive outlook on change, self-motivated and flexible
• Ability to prioritise and excellent time-management skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Team player with a high level of initiative and a proactive approach to work, willingness to take ownership of tasks and issues and follow up to ensure that they are successfully brought to completion
• Understanding of when to request assistance or escalate issues to a manager
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ideally educated to degree level
• Knowledge of and interest in international affairs and politics; understanding of economics
• Specialist legal, business or financial knowledge an advantage
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-29605
Job Locations ESP-BARCELONA
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..